- Text Size +
 

Ch.10


Mirror Images”

Day 6 (around 7:00 p.m.)

Sesshomaru sped through the forest. Plentiku was at his side. Kagome was on Plentiku’s back. Sesshomaru had forced the raccoon to allow the miko to ride, despite the hanyou’s constant objections. Plentiku continued to complain.

“Get your boobs off of my back!” She hissed.

“I wouldn’t have to lean on you if you would just look where you’re going!” Kagome returned.

Plentiku growled and leapt.

“Heads up!” She shouted.

“What?”

WHACK!

Kagome’s head collided with a low branch. She went flying off of Plentiku’s back and landed hard on the forest floor. Sesshomaru stopped running.

“Plentiku, that wasn’t very nice. Go get her, now.”

“Aw, come on Sesshy. You know that was funny as hell.”

“I didn’t say it wasn’t funny. I said it wasn’t nice. If we weren’t in such a hurry, I’d allow you to do it again.”

“I heard that!” Kagome shouted. She got up and hobbled over to Plentiku. “What do you have against me?”

“You wanna know? Fine! YOU’RE A WHINY LITTLE BRAT! I don’t know how Inuyasha could stand you! The sex must be really good!”

Kagome gasped and jumped back. “We never do anything like that!”

“Then he must be a glutton for punishment!”

Sesshomaru watched patiently while the two argued. He’d always wondered what would happen if his mate and his brother’s mate met face to face.

Not exactly what I had in mind. Sesshomaru thought to himself.

SIT!” Kagome screamed finally.

YOU SIT!”

Kagome growled. She forgot the rosary didn’t work on Plentiku.

 

Inuyasha sat under a tree by a creek, washing an apple. Kiachi moaned from a branch above him.

“Inuyasha, you’ve been washing that apple for 20 minutes! It’s clean, already!”

“Hey, don’t get mad at me because I prefer my food sanitary! Unlike you, I don’t eat out of a trashcan!”

Out of nowhere, Inuyasha’s head was yanked down into the water, smashing his face on the gravel below. Kiachi shook his head.

“Are you narcoleptic or do you just get a kick out of slamming your face into the ground?”

Inuyasha pulled his head out of the water. “Kagome?”

“Who?” Kiachi asked.

“It’s her! I smell…me!”

Kiachi sighed in relief. “Oh, I’m glad you said it. I didn’t want to say anything, but…”

“Not that you stupid rat! I smell my body! And Kagome and…Sesshomaru?”

Kiachi was about to say something else, but Inuyasha took off. Kiachi shrugged and followed.


YOU HAVE AN UGLY FACE!” Plentiku shouted.

NO, YOU HAVE AN UGLY FACE!” Kagome yelled back.

YOUR MOTHER HAS AN UGLY FACE!”

Sesshomaru sat on a rock away from the girls, his hand over his face. He lifted his head slightly and sniffed the air.

“Silence.” He ordered.

The girls quieted. Sesshomaru got up. “It’s Inuyasha. He’s coming this way.”

“Inuyasha!” Kagome shouted eagerly.

“My body!” Plentiku exclaimed.

My body. Sesshomaru thought excitedly.

Within minutes, Inuyasha burst out of the trees, Kiachi on his shoulder.

“KIACHI!” Plentiku opened her arms as the little woodrat leapt into them.

“Plentiku! It’s really you! Oh, how I missed you! He was just awful to me!” Kiachi complained, pointing at Inuyasha.

Plentiku and Inuyasha just stared at each other for a while; both too shocked to speak.

“Wow.” Inuyasha said suddenly. “From out here, I could see just how good I look! No wonder you have a thing for me, Kagome.”

Kagome blushed and turned away. Plentiku looked over her body as well.

“I know what you mean. I’m so hot, I think I’m giving you a…”

“That’s enough.” Sesshomaru interrupted. “Let’s switch you guys and get this over with.”

“Right.” Plentiku pulled off the bracelet.

Inuyasha still had no idea what was going on.

“What’s with the jewelry?” He asked.

“Don’t you know?” Kagome asked. “If we don’t switch you back to normal by tomorrow night, you’ll be stuck in there forever!”

“WHAT? I didn’t know that!” Inuyasha quickly pulled the bracelet off his wrist and handed it to Plentiku. They held the two pieces together and closed their eyes. After a few moments, Inuyasha opened his eyes.

“Did it work?” He asked.

Plentiku was angry now. “You still have breasts! What do you think, genius?”

Inuyasha looked down and gasped. “Why didn’t it work?”

“Kagome! Plentiku!” Miroku’s voice rang out.

Everyone looked up to see Kirara, Sango and Miroku.

“Hey, guys!” Kagome called, waving her arms.

The group landed. Miroku’s eyes were glued to Inuyasha.

“Inuyasha? Is that you?” he asked.

“Who do you think it is?” Inuyasha scoffed.

“My, you’re gorgeous!” Miroku said, nudging Plentiku in the side.

Sesshomaru stepped between them.

“Back off, monk. That one is mine.”

Miroku looked confused. “You like girls?”

Sesshomaru’s fist collided with Miroku’s nose. The monk fell down, unconscious. Myoga jumped out of the monk’s hair.

“Oh, Lord Sesshomaru! How are you?”

“Cut the crap, Myoga!” Inuyasha shouted. “You’re here for a reason!”

“Ah, yes. To break the spell, you must bind the bracelets together with the griffin hide tie that held them to each other in the first place.”

“What?” Inuyasha gasped. “It’ll take us forever to find it!”

Plentiku leaned against a tree, stroking her chin. “Or, maybe it’ll only take us a day.”

The group looked at her curiously. Did she know something that they didn’t?