- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Alright, here you get to see a more 'restless' side of Kagome and her youkai blood. I hope you like the little closeness and fight I put in.

Hours later, I could tell it was time for Lord Sesshomaru and Hime Rin to leave. I kneeled in front of the hime after she lowered her eyes and tears formed in the corners of her eyes. “Hime, I will stand by what I said yesterday. If you ever wish to play with Kikyou, Inuyasha, and Shippo, you need only send word. There’s no need for your tears.” I whispered, being careful of my claws as I wiped away the few stray tears that had been freed from her eyes.

“You promise?” she asked. “I promise, Hime Rin.” I assured. “You can call me Rin, Miss Kagome.” She replied. “Alright. But only if you call me Kagome; no ‘Miss’.” I responded. I smiled and stood after she agreed. The children crowded behind me as Lord Sesshomaru stepped forward. Kikyou and Inuyasha held onto my legs while Shippo held onto my side.

 For a split second, a look of longing seemed to pass over Lord Sesshomaru’s eyes. I must be seeing things. As they left my eyesight, I let out a annoyed growl. “Great. I didn’t even get ten minutes of practice. Much less a good spar with the dummies. Now how am I supposed to keep my temper in check?” I muttered to myself. Suddenly, Lord Sesshomaru appeared again, without Rin.

“Welcome back, my Lord. Is there something you need?” I asked, as nicely as I could. “If you are so keen to spar, then I will spar with you.” He offered. I smiled gratefully and sent the children on their way. “Go to the shop. Tell Sango to watch it until I get there. Behave for Sango and Miroku.

Don’t give them any problems. Shippo, if someone has an order, take it and tell them I will be back later.” I instructed, planting a kiss on each of their foreheads as I pushed them along. When I could no longer see them, I turned my smile to Lord Sesshomaru. “Thank you, my Lord.” I said, smiling brightly at him.

After giving a slight bow, we crouched in attacking positions. With a slight upturn at the corner of his lips, Lord Sesshomaru attacked. I barely had time to dodge before he moved again. For the next ten minutes I stay on the defensive. And then… a root tripped me up and his fist connected with my abdomen.

The force of the impact caused me to fly backwards until my back hit a tree. Even as I cried out from the pain, I was launching my own attack. Finally, Lord Sesshomaru was on the defensive. It didn’t take long for me to land a few punches and kicks; but I received claw marks and small doses of poison in return.

Soon, our sparring turned into wrestling as we each tried to win. Before I could blink; I was on my back, staring up at Lord Sesshomaru as he held my hands captive above my head with one of his own. My legs were trapped beneath his and his free hand was to the right of my face. He seemed to be waiting for something, and after a while he dug his claws into my wrists.

His poison was being pushed into my blood as I screamed out in pain. He beat me, why is he continuing to pump poison into my blood stream?! What an evil inu. Inu! He’s an inu! I turned my head to the side and lifted my chin, showing submission even as my instincts screamed at me not to and to make him pay.

The moment he let go, I scrambled away to sit by my weapons. One look at my wrists told me all I needed to know: there was no way I’d be working for a while. This is going to hurt. I thought with a grimace. Quickly, I began licking my wounds and trying not to cry out again.

After making sure to coat my wrists in my saliva to facilitate healing, I gathered my weapons and began making my way to the river. I was just about to dip my hands into the water when Lord Sesshomaru grabbed my wrists. I bit my tongue to keep from screaming as I turned to face him.

He opened his mouth to speak but I interrupted him before he got a word out. “Please, release my hands, my Lord.” I requested, doing my best not to glare at him. He just continued to stare at me; so I grit my teeth together and yanked my hands out of his grip. Carefully, I dipped my hands into the cool, clear water of the river, sighing as it relieved some of the pain.

Crap, I have to wrap them until I get to the shop. I’ll have to tear the bottom of my shirt. Great. Glaring at the ground, hoping it would burst into flames as I imagined Lord Sesshomaru’s face; I ripped the bottom half of my shirt and ripped that piece down the middle. I set one piece on my leg to keep it clean and gripped the first piece between my teeth and my fingers.

Carefully, I tied the first piece around my left wrist and pulled it tight as I tied it. Then, I repeated that process with my right wrist. When I was just about to finish tying it closed, the cloth slipped from my teeth; and then the cloth of my left wrist untied and fell to the ground. I growled and before I could get my anger under control, I punched the ground and cried out from the pain that shot up my arm.

This is his fault! And mine! I just had to have a spar session! Growling, I gripped the cloth tightly between my teeth and my fingers as I wrapped the cloth around my left wrist again. I tied it as tightly as I could; and then I started the process over again on my right wrist. I was just about to finish tying it when my fingers slipped again and it fell to the ground.

“That’s it! I’ll have Sango do it! I can’t waste any more time on this stupid thing!” I yelled, completely forgetting I wasn’t alone. A chuckle off to the side brought me out of my thoughts and I turned to glare at Lord Sesshomaru. I just didn’t care what he did anymore. I was angry and I was already doing my best not to yell at him and attack like my instincts wanted me to.

 Spinning quickly on my heel, I gingerly picked up my weapons and walked away still trying to put them where they belonged. Finally, I got my quiver and bow on my back, and tied my katana back on my hip. I heard Lord Sesshomaru behind me, but he could rot for all I cared at the moment.

Chapter End Notes:
Hope you liked this. Please review and let me know what you think. More to come and the next chapter has this little scene I like that should have many of you laughing.