- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope you like the colors I chose. I didn't spend a lot of time on the wedding, but I'll be spending more time on the events after it. All I can say is: I'm not finsihed with typing the original copy on my computer but this chapter ends on page 32 of 53.

When I woke the next morning, I was rushed into clothes that were easy to change out of and into my mother’s room with Kikyou and Sango. We were measured and fitted for kimonos while momma was measured and fitted for her wedding kimono.

I made a few modifications to mine and Sango’s kimonos. I made it to where there was a pair of pants instead and before we were seen all we had to do was attach the long cloth that wrapped around our waists to make it look like we were wearing elaborate kimonos. That way when we had to dance after the ceremony, we would have the freedom to move properly.

I made the same adjustments to Kikyou’s kimono and then momma’s kimono after she asked me to. “Thank you, Kagome.” Momma said to me. “It was my pleasure momma. I’m happy for you and papa. I’ve been waiting for him to ask you to be his mate for so long that I can remember dreaming of it when I was ten.” I told her, smiling softly.

 She kissed my cheek and sent me to check on the boys. I took one more look around the room before I left. Momma was wearing white, obviously; Sango was wearing green and pink; Kikyou was wearing a light blue; and I was wearing an amber color. I had chosen the color because it reminded me of Sesshomaru’s eyes. Now, I almost regretted choosing the color; but it was too late to make it with a different color and I was going to push through any pain it caused me.

I made my way to Inuyasha’s bedroom to find the boys and papa. “Are you ready?” I asked. Kouga was wearing black; Inuyasha was wearing a red suit Miroku was wearing a dark purple suit; and Shippo was wearing a dark blue suit. I smiled at them. They looked so handsome today. “Yes. Meet us in the great hall in ten minutes.” Kouga told me. I nodded and left the room.

When I made it to momma’s room, I smelled her nervousness. “You look beautiful momma. Papa loves you and has been waiting for this day as long as you have. He’s waiting for you.” I said, looping my arm in hers and pulling her towards the great hall. She smiled at me and nodded, calming slightly. We stood outside the doors to the great hall and I signaled to Kouga that we were ready.

He called silence in the room and the music began. Sango went out first, accompanies by Miroku. Inuyasha and Kikyou went out next, tossing flowers on the floor. Shippo and I stepped forward and made our way down the middle, carrying the rings. Momma was a few steps behind me. The ceremony went smoothly.

Myouga and Bankotsu were needed to stop a disturbance once; because some silly minor lord’s musume wanted to be married to Kouga. She was put in her place quickly and without fuss. Momma didn’t even know it had happened; and she would never find out. The ceremony was beautiful, and it very nearly brought tears to my eyes.

When the ceremony was over; the music began again, and momma and Kouga had their first dance. I stood to the side, leaning against a wall as I watched the couples there dance. I was asked to dance by many minor lords and their sons but I never accepted. I refused to dance with these pompous fools who only wish to dance with me to be seen by my papa.

Unfortunately, one of the fools ignored my answer and pulled me to the dance floor anyway. He put one hand at my waist and the other at my back. I place my left hand on his arm and my right hand on his shoulder. “Release me or I will cause you harm.” I ordered. He simply smiled at me and pulled me closer. “If you do not release me, I will harm you. And then I will allow Bankotsu to have his time dealing with you.” I told him.

His smile grew wider and he pulled me flush against him. I growled and dug my claws into his shoulder and arm, making sure to dig them in slowly and very painfully. He winced, but refused to let me go. A quick look around the room and I had spotted Bankotsu across the room. I narrowed my eyes at him and he quickly began to make his way over to me.

“I’ll be cutting in now.” He said quietly. When the minor lord refused to acknowledge him, Bankotsu pulled me completely out of his grip and back to the wall. The idiot lord followed us the entire way. “Hime Kagome, do you not wish to dance.” The fool questioned.

“I declined your offer to dance. I warned you to release me. I even dug my claws into your arm and shoulder. What part of that did you take as my wishing to dance with you?” I asked incredulously. “Many women of your status play coy.” Was his reply. At that comment, Bankotsu had to grab my arms and restrain me.

“Bankotsu, have him escorted from the palace by Myouga; no one else. Find Shippo, Kikyou, Inuyasha, Sango, and Miroku and bring them to my bedroom.” I told him through clenched fangs. I then calmly left the great hall and made the trek to my bedroom before I clobbered the lord. I picked up my bow, and ran my fingers along the design until I had calmed down.

I had never noticed how the carvings flowed like water and that every inches there would be a fang through an eye. I hadn’t been paying attention when I designed and carved it. Then the others finally entered with Bankotsu and Myouga and I pushed my thoughts aside and set my bow against the foot of my bed.

“I’m sorry I left so suddenly. I was being annoyed by a minor lord that apparently didn’t know the meaning of no.” I told them. I gave each of them a hug as they entered and we all sat on my bed. “Myouga, Bankotsu, this is Miroku. You met Sango earlier. Of course, this is my musuko, Shippo. My nee-chan, Kikyou; and my onee-chan, Inuyasha.” I introduced.

“Everyone, this is Myouga and Bankotsu. They trained and sparred with me when I was younger. In fact, they’re much older than me and I was still able to beat them when I barely knew how to fight.” I teased them. “Honestly Kagome, are ever going to let us live that down?” Bankotsu questioned.

“Nope.” I told him, smiling and sticking my tongue out at him. We spent an hour or so in my room before I could see the children yawning and fighting to keep their eyes open. “Bed time.” I declared. They didn’t even argue; just nodded and went to their rooms.

Bankotsu and Myouga left next, saying that they needed to make sure none of the guests were still wondering the halls. Soon after Sango and Miroku went to their room and I was left alone. I dressed for bed quickly and climbed under the covers on my bed. Within minutes, I was asleep.

Chapter End Notes:
Hope you liked this chapter. More to come. Please review and tell me what you think.